PressTime® is a computer-driven business simulation that captures the fast-paced and diverse decisions that project managers and team members make daily, enabling participants to improve team interactions and team building, enhance strategic planning and problem solving, and explore the added value of cross-functional teams.
In PressTime®, participants are managers in the second largest manufacturer of offset printing plates. The company currently holds about one-third of total market share. The company’s major competitor recently introduced a superior plate which sells for the same price. A cross-functional team of managers has been assembled to put an improved printing plate on the market in six months or less. The team members include a marketing manager, planning manager, manufacturing manager, business manager, HR manager and research managers who report to a product development manager (up to eight team members total) in a matrixed structure. The team is charged with selecting, developing and bringing a product to market. While meeting this challenge, numerous complex technical, financial, marketing and personnel decisions must be made.
PressTime® is a powerful simulation that:
- Compresses real-world decision-making situations into a learning opportunity.
- Compels individuals to interact in ways that reveal their typical interpersonal styles.
- Creates learning opportunities through feedback from trained observers.
- Produces multiple sources of feedback on team and individual performance.
- Employs measurable factors to determine the success of the team.
- Provides a model for planning and implementing projects.
- Builds negotiation skills and teamwork to meet goals and objectives.
- Promotes the value of cross-functional teams.
- Develops strategic leadership and decision-making capability.
- Models quality management and personnel decisions.
- Creates team effectiveness through group interaction.
PressTime® can be used to:
- Improve teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Develop strategic leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Develop improved decision-making capabilities.
- Identify participants’ team leadership strengths and development needs.
- Enhance the ability to lead critical organizational projects.
Learn how AvoLead can use PressTime® to help your team or organization evolve and deliver. Contact AvoLead today.
PressTime® is a registered trademark of Discovery Learning Inc.